Sunday, May 16, 2010

#27

This is a rant. Idk how I was feeling when I wrote it. It's just...about certain people who have put me on a pedestal, which is actually far from where I belong.


"Compare Me" On May 6

You think I'm quiet, ha!
My laugh roars like a thousand rolls of thunder
and echoes awkwardly in a silent hall of poets
where a head teacher shushes me down backstage

You think I'm smart, yeah right
The electricity emerging from my brain,
the circumvolutions of my mind may be depths compared to you
but I am only average, making you less more so...you're flat

You think I'm talented, but you haven't seen anything.
Honestly, does a sheet of paper with pretty images drawn on it
and with beautiful melodies emerging from it...
is there a blind over your eyes and a funnel covering your ears?

You like, yet you're kind
you give me hope, yet your lies make me hopeless
You assume, but your assumptions are crippled...lame
You don't really know me, you know who I pretend to be
or rather, you've never seen me before,
not really.

You make me laugh
when you put me on a pedestal
and your people say "that's who I want you to be!"
Well, you've never talked to me
you've never seen me
you've never been around me...
the real me

You guys just really don't know me well.