Sunday, May 16, 2010

#21

I'm telling you, I'm losing it again. The next few posts are going to be horrendous.

Actually...no, wait, yes. Yes, horrendous, indeed. (At least it's nothing like my old old old poetry as can be seen on AllPoetry-- hey, no, don't look me up, please, don't. There are things you do NOT want to see. It's...aww damn, it's horrible. Like, do me a favor, and look in the mirror. My old poems, are worse than what you see. Like...REALLY, REALLY, HORRIBLY...A LOT WORSE...because you're beautiful! [Ehh...it's Love Month for Squishi Clan, I'm supposed to give a compliment. But please, take it personally.] So yeah, horrible poetry, here we go!)

"Just One" On March 11, 10:33 PM
One touch,
we brush
arms that one day when we sat
side by side, clapping and jumping around
with the music that ever so wildly
unbinds our souls

A split second,
your shoe tapped against mine
we pulled back,
as if electrocuted.

Intoxicated, I'm drunk
my heart drenched, my mind painted
with worshipful images of you

My heart races
I'm cold at night
Rain falls through
this broken umbrella you hold for me.

But why?
Why must you ignore me so
still, I have to endure every fleeting glance.
I wish to look back
but my eyes are windows to my souls,
and one glance
one split second our eyes meet
from a blunt chocolate brown
to a crystal pool of amber syrup
two gazes meet
one secret emerges

But why?
Why is one hug
innocently laid upon another
from your arms to hers...
why is that a dagger that pierces my skin
like hail pounding on me
and wind tearing at my hair

Just one.
One touch,
a brush,
a tap,
a glance,
a hug....
while one world comes crashing down
on a single me.


Yeah...see, there's this guy that's sort of...taking up most of the hard drive in my mind, if you will. And he's like a virus, and I don't want him popping up everywhere, but he does, and it's not really annoying (actually, it kinda is, because the thought of him makes me forget what I'm trying to do...it's more like, distracting), but I'm like sooo crazy about this whole issue that you'll see more poems 'bout this dude.

Oh, and the prompt is: "Its just a peck. Why is my heart pounding?"- Yura from "Honey Hunt"