Sunday, May 16, 2010

#26

This is...sad. It's me being depressed, though not emo and suicidal. It's just sad. Because I got dissed. :(


"Fade" on April 1, 6:15 (though was actually written a few days before...the April 1 thing is just when I posted it on AllPoetry...)

Talent is a gem,
a sapphire tear in the eye
of its beholder.
It is the gold trophy prize
in this race -- this race
where we clamor and climb
over obstacles, towards goals...
that race we call by its name.
That race which we call "Life."

Talent is the thing I long for --
the thing that which,
if freed, would ever fly so freely.
Talent lies in each of us,
in each is a pool of untapped oil
that brings riches to our very person...
Except mine.
Mine is caged, chained, choked
...disengaged, drained, cloaked

Mine hides inside an iron mask
that veils things so young and fresh
What you call "untapped potential"
is really shame.

Shame of this stake that drives
through me, piercing my heart
and you who pounds the hammer
ever so wickedly,
only hoping to break open the lock
of this suppression.

I warn you, for my secrets are kept,
not in my heart but in another cage,
though this, built of bars that one friend
or a stranger (but most likely the latter)
could peer in, and see.
See the cloudy, black spheres
of my very being,
containing the thoughts, containing the feeling
sheltering my world from you.
This is where I lie.

Though an outer veil encases me,
shields me, much like an artificial membrane
allowing things to surpass
I am a fake, though not plastic
but perhaps I am a soft cashmere to fall on
or a shiny taffeta for decoration --
pasted on some Styrofoam base
of a head...body...limbs...
And I could paint this base to match that fabric
of my fabricated self,
losing all that is me in the process...

That is something, if my hopes are correct,
you would never allow to happen.
Yet as the matter before us lies
and a bridge is yet to be built,
back down a moment,
let me
Fade
to
Black.