Monday, January 18, 2010

Poem 12?

Based off of this guy I like. >_<

"If Only You Knew", Written on January 18, 2010

If only you knew how you affect me
how you influence me,
how you inspire me.

If only you knew my name
where I come from
and the things we share

If only you know that I know you
that I see you
that I shiver everytime you pass by

because I can't help it anymore
If only you knew what it's like
to be calling your name in the dark,
alone.

If only you knew the things I think
the things I say
the things I know about you

If only I knew you
if only you knew me
for who I am
and accepted me
the way I involuntarily did
when you spoke...
when you sang...
when your talent ran from your heart to your fingertips
and played your soul out in strings
on your guitar

If only you knew what it's like
to be stuck, frozen, and stiff
every time you pass by.

If only you knew how hard it is to stay calm
to not run up to you
to not hug you
because those things aren't normal...
for two people who don't know each other...

If only you knew
what you do to me,
how you drive my thoughts
how you infiltrate my dreams
how you make me feel about you.

If...and only if...you knew the scars left
from when you lashed out at me,
I know you never meant to hurt me
but you did, because of what you don't know.

You don't know how I feel about you...

And if you did, would we talk?
Would we speak?
Or would we continue to hurt one another
through avoidance?

Are we strong enough?
Are we brave enough?
Can you handle it?
Can I handle it?
Will I not shatter and break in your grasp,
should I ever come to be in it?

Questions...
But alas, none would be answered
unless you knew
about me.