Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 2: Poem (Not really Day 2. Just my second post.)

"Today" Written on September 26, 2009

Today.
Today started out happy.
I was a flirt, I was a genius...
I was late for class today.

Today was enjoyable.
With two tests awaiting,
but who pays attention to that?
Today, I made corrections.Today I realize...
I'm failing
I'm falling
I'm flailing
I'm flapping
hopelessly, broken in a wave of despair
up and down stairs
tossed about in the depths of the ocean
That is life.
That is today.

Today is what I lived for...today.
Today was yesterday's tomorrow
and Today is tomorrow's yesterday.
But no matter what direction you go,
today is today.

Today is an x between two other numbers.
Today looks like this: 4 <>
That is what today is.
That is what yesterday was. For yesterday was a today...
It's just not this today.
Tomorrow will look like that as well,
For tomorrow is a today of the future.

I am lost in the future.
But never mind the future.
I might as well just focus on today.






A/N: Written as a freewrite on Allpoetry. The topic was entitled Today.