Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 1:

Poem: This is about...well let's see if my nonexistant audience can guess.
Inspiration from this was...well I came up with it while in the bathroom for like five minutes. (It's weird, I know...) but I was just staring around the room and next thing you know I have composed a poem.


You'll notice that this isn't how I usually put my poems, but this one has special form/formatting...so yeah.

"Untitled", Written on September 17, 2009

Luminous and glowing, you are a square
and yet, not a square with your curved edges
and concave sides

I look up and a strange noise emits--
air blows in my face, and rids me of
the silly putrid odors
under my nose
like the winds of spring.

And like the day, you are the sun
but a square sun that lights up the corners
of this tiny room
In which I am

I am in a meadow, free of scents
yellow is everywhere
Winds whistle through trees
and cracks in my walls.

Upon this round seat
-- a throne stuck to the wall
lays a carpet
a small, furry carpet
so cozy, and its fabric
kisses the air
and sways in the wind
and faces the
luminous light
everytime I flip the switch
and every time
the sun blows
and glows
from its own boundary,
its own litle place
up there...
stuck on the ceiling.