Wednesday, February 24, 2010

#17

This isn't me being dumped. It's just...written in the Freewrite section in 7 minutes and 19 seconds. The time is 6:18 LA time, but I'm in Florida, so it's 9:18...The topic was 'I Want.'

I kinda like how it turned out...

"Disposed" Written on February 24, 2010

I want breath
in this dizzying, heavy, place.

The aromatic coffee awakens me,
I long to taste it, only to dip my tongue in black bitterness.

I want to fly, but how can I?
For I have no wings, and airplanes need airfare.

I want money, but I can't be that shallow
The world existed without money before,
why can't we live without it now?

I want...life, but...
how can I long for something I already have?

I want to be noticed, but being noticed
is different from receiving love.
What is love?
Why do we need it?
Why does everyone have it?
...But me?

Surely it must be there,
along with everything else.

I want people. Yet I have to wonder why...
Why are people thrown away?

Like me. I'm just a concept now,
abandoned in the dump that is someone's life.

Go ahead, neglect me,
pretend I was never there.
It's okay, you know.
That's why I'm here.
For you to confide in,
to walk with,
to talk to,
to relieve your loneliness.

But why,why must you discard of me
dispose of me
leave me like I never was there
when I brought you up out of your sad days?

I am the reason you're here now.
So why would you progress, without ever looking back
and remembering those times we had together.

Don't you want me?
Well, here--
I want you,
so I won't stop trying.