Sunday, March 7, 2010

#19

My muse again. I was in art class looking at pictures my teacher took in Central Park during vacation. My teacher's like me, he takes pictures of random pretty things people don't catch all the time. I love how the shot of a camera can make us double-take at things we happen to pass by and ignore everyday. Sad to say, nature is very often taken for granted. Naturally, I was in school...though, the uniform thing I can't say where I got it from...I let my mind wander, yes, through this poem, it's supposed to do that. Uhmm...enjoy? xD


"Glints" on March 3, 2010

It's your loss
but you're not mad
or sad...
you don't even feel bad
for plaid ---
it's absence on your uniform,
leaving behind textiles of blue and white,
but not a dreamy shade, oh no.
Navy blue lies in your midst ---
the color of night, of unknown depths.
A grey white sits on your chest
and rests
at the best place above your heart,
idly tuning the clouds a bright, cotton white
that shines across the sky,
gleaming, reflecting the sun's platinum

liquid metal, cool and pouring
not red hot but a flowing silver
separates into spots of rainbows that fill the
blacks and grays and whites,
spilling not a drop of paint
outside the lines.

Wind blows, the natural eraser
and wipes the slate clean
and whisks off the color of things,
leaving behind only two-dimensional outlines
of trees in parks and sand on beaches,
to start over again.

Like a child coloring,
purple trees, orange tides that glisten
from the light of a black-light sun
on the run
from east to west
and all turns to black darkness with
pinpricks of a celestial light,
like a flashlight's beam through a thatched straw hat.